A course in quantitative epidemiological methods is tentatively planned for the 2017-2018 academic year. Stay tuned for details.
I am the Program Director of the International Clinics on Infectious Disease Dynamics and Data (ICI3D) Program, which provides international training in public health, epidemiology, and disease ecology. As part of ICI3D I organize and teach the following two workshops:
Meaningful Modeling of Epidemiological Data Clinic (MMED)
MMED is a two week workshop held annually in May or June at the African Institute of Mathematical Scienes (AIMS) in Muizenberg, a suburb of Cape Town, South Africa.
Dynamical Approaches to Infectious Disease Data (DAIDD)
DAIDD is a one week workshop held annually at the White Oak Conservation in Florida, USA.
Starting in June 2017, ICI3D training materials are now available via the ICI3D Figshare Collection, which allows us to provide these materials in a citable, open access form via a Creative Commons license. Specific lectures that I have developed include the below:
- Introduction to Infectious Disease Dynamics
- Study Design and Analysis in Epidemiology: Where does modeling fit?
- Introduction to Likelihood (video lecture & slides)
- Likelihood Fitting and Dynamic Models
- Introduction to MCMC (slide set contains embedded videos explaining MCMC algorithms)
- Live Coding: Participatory Coding of a Dynamic Model (video with screen feed of live coding in front of audience)
- Distributed Delay (Boxcar) Models of Infectious Periods (PDF)
- Disease Ecology Methods (PDF)
I also built many of the open access ICI3D R Tutorials, Labs, and Live Participatory Coding Projects, which can be downloaded or cloned directly from the ICI3D R Tutorial Github Repository.